My nomination is on the 25th of November and we are planning a public rally that day to officially launch my Manifesto. We will have a drive through much of the constituency after the nomination, but before the rally takes place.
The formal nomination process involves the following:
- candidates presenting their academic transcripts
- an oath from the commissioner/judge that the information presented is correct
- voter details of individuals nominating them
- copy of their program for the official campaigns
- a person to make the motion to formally nominate a Candidate to the Contest and a Seconder of the motion (to agree).
All of this information is given to the electoral commission. A Certificate is then issued and the person is officially declared Candidate. The commission then takes time to verify the documents presented just in case someone lied/didn’t follow the law.
The 25th of November promises to be a long, but very fruitful day and I hope that anyone who is able will come out to support me at the rally. In the meantime, there is a lot of work to get done in the next few weeks and I will bring you more news as things take shape.